Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday April 27th and Wednesday April 29th

I started my new job on Monday April 27th which began at around 4:45am when I woke up to get ready to catch my flight to Denver where I would spend my first three days meeting my new team. I had to fly out of Laguardia since there are no direct United flights from JFK. I am more of a JFK fan because of its accessibility via public transportation. My flight out was delayed over an hour, which I didn't mind too much as I managed to catch some much needed zzz's. I am not a morning person.

The trip was good and I enjoyed meeting my new team members. A highlight was lunch the first day when we ate at the Spicy Pickle- a chain sandwich shop. They specialize in spicy pickles and they were delicious! I look forward to return trips and more pickles!! I was impressed with the hotel I stayed in- the Residence Inn by Marriott. The room was enormous and had a full-size kitchen with living area. Clearly it is designed for long-term travelers and if I was there longer than two nights I would have made sure to take advantage of the kitchen, although there is almost no need to since they serve hot breakfast every morning. I am a sucker for free breakfasts at hotels. It reminds me of my road trip with my dad where everywhere we stayed (except Chicago) had a free breakfast. What a great way to start a day on the road.

Okay...back to my Denver trip. The flight home was also delayed but I got to read the entire Hemisphere's magazine (my favorite airline mag in general although Southwest gets bonus points for having a lot of games) and successfully completed two sudoku's. When I arrived back into NYC I was able to quickly catch a cab and found myself home in no time! That night I was able to catch up with my friend who was in town and then began a fun weekend with girlfriends.

I am a United airlines fan (I guess having the mileage credit card helps) but it was more beneficial in San Francisco. I may have to switch airlines and thus credit cards, but not before I rake up all the miles I can! Free trips here I come!

1 comment: