Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday April 8, 2009

I feel like for the past 5 years of my life I have always had a lingering flight itinerary booked and I usually was at an airport once a month. It seemed I never completed one trip without another booked. Since moving to NY I have been enjoying not seeing an airport once a month hadn't realized that for the past 9 days I had no lingering flight booked. That changed today.

I am starting a new job in a few weeks; the same week one of my closest friends will be also be visiting NY. As it turns out I will need to spend the first three days of my new job in Colorado meeting my remote team members. That means another flight! It also means not getting to hang out with my friend, I will need to hand in my abnormal psychology paper a week early (eek!), and not having the option of joining my boyfriend for wing night! The flight leaves at 8am on Monday morning so I can't say I am jazzed about a possible 5am wake-up call (Dan- I will need to spend as many nights as possible with you until then so I can prepare). No ticket stub yet and I can't print my boarding pass for a few more weeks, but I do continue to rack up United miles which equals free flights when I want to travel on my own terms.

My new job is another role in client services for an advertising technology company and I have to say I think it is clear that I love client services/customer support. I love helping people! Speaking of excellent customer service, a phone call I witnessed Dan have last night may have me changing banks. He is a TD Bank customer and when he called with a question about his account he spoke to a real person! On the first ring! I was shocked, excited, impressed- so many emotions I can't even begin to explain. The woman on the line spoke to him about his needs and then was able to direct him to the correct person. No automated menus. No waiting. He told me that they have two numbers you can call: one for an automated service and another to speak to a live representative. How impressive? As a gal who is just leaving a job managing a client support team this kind of service really has me lighting up. Talking to people! What a concept! But also being able to go automated if you choose. TD Bank you are amazing! You may have gotten yourself a new customer. As a WAMU member for nearly 6 years switching banks may be an event, but not one I will get a stub for, unless a deposit slip counts.

1 comment:

  1. TD Bank is great, as I am a member as well. Do it up. Let's go Denver!

    ReplyDelete