Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sunday April 18th

My ticket experience on Sunday was at the movies. After weeks of talking about it and somehow finding other things to do instead Dan and I finally saw Adventureland. It was a funny and sweet movie set to a killer 80's soundtrack with tunes to satisfy everyone. I found myself singing along to many of the classics including songs by The Replacements and The Cure. Sadly "Breakin the Law" by Judas Priest is not featured on the soundtrack, but the scene it is played in is one of the funniest in the movie. If you are expecting a movie with the same crass humor as Adam Mottola's Superbad then you will be disappointed. Adventureland is more of a coming of age love story in the style of Cameron Crowe or John Hughes. You will leave the theater with a warmth in your heart and strong sense of nostalgia.

I will have another post later as I will hold another ticket stub in my hand by the end of night...

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I've been meaning to see that. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete