Friday, October 16, 2009

Cafe living

I opted to work from home today as the weather is nasty and I don't want to commute, especially when it is likely only one person will be in the office. My internet is acting weird so I made my way to a local cafe where I have found that there are a lot of people not working or taking leisurely mid-morning coffee breaks. The cafe is bustling with middle-aged men discussing property, two early 20's girls playing Uno and laughing while sharing a scone, and a steady flow of traffic coming in and out of the door. The two girls behind the counter greet the regulars and whip up delicious caffeinated treats. I was glad I requested a chocolate chip muffin and not the blueberry as the woman next in line (one of the 'regulars') requested what was the last one. Let's be honest, I'd rather have chocolate over fruit anyday, unless the fruit is covered in chocolate; so I will adhere to the same policy when it comes to muffins.

Fall is definitely here. I love the chill but not the rain.

1 comment: